Friday, April 24, 2015

Drug Store Essie Haul!!!

A couple months ago, I came across an amazing deal on some Essie nail polishes at a local drug store. They were clearing out selected polishes for $2.00! Since I've managed to publish a daily blog post for a streak of 10 posts now, I wanted to continue the streak, but I love my current manicure too much to change it! So I thought I'd blog about this haul. It's something I had been meaning to do for a while, but never got around to.

'Chills and Thrills', 'Style Cartel', 'Fall in Line', 'The Perfect Cover Up', 'Partner in Crime', and 'Haute as Hello'
Essie Haul
The colours I got were:
'Chills & Thrills' from the Summer 2014 Too Taboo Collection
'Style Cartel' from the fall 2014 Dress to Kilt Collection
'Fall in Line' from the fall 2014 Dress to Kilt Collection
'The Perfect Cover Up' from the fall 2014 Dress to Kilt Collection
'Partner in Crime' from the fall 2014 Dress to Kilt Collection
'Haute as Hello' from the Essie Summer 2010 collection

These were the only colours I was able to find at this price. Luckily, I happen to like all of them! Below are the swatches of each colour.

'Chills and Thrills', 'Style Cartel', 'Fall in Line', 'The Perfect Cover Up', 'Partner in Crime', and 'Haute as Hello'

My favourite of the bunch is 'Haute as Hello' because I love bright colours. The dried polish seems to have a bit of a dull finish compared to the others. I wouldn't go so far as to say that it dried matte, or even semi-matte, but you can see the difference in the light reflection in the swatches above. 'Haute as Hello' is the coral swatch on the far right, and the reflection of the light is a bit more diffused than all of the other swatches. Now, this doesn't really bother me because I usually topcoat all of my manicures any ways, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

My next two favourites are 'Fall in Line', the medium toned greyish-green third from the left; and 'The Perfect Cover Up', the dark greyish-teal third from the right. I find colours like this really interesting - I really love when it takes more than a word or two to describe a polish colour!

Overall, I'm thrilled to add each of these to my collection - especially at this fantastic price!

No comments:

Post a Comment