Monday, September 22, 2014

Pink Tribal Mani - Using Moyou London Artist Plate 09

One thing that I've started becoming more aware of, is the importance of editing design choices. Because I'm still sort of new at stamping, I'm still really enthusiastic about it. I've noticed that sometimes I go a little stamping crazy when designing manicures.  I'm starting to see the importance of using restraint. Just because you can stamp every finger, it doesn't mean you have to! That's where I was coming from when I created this instalment of the Moyou London Artist Plate challenge:

Pink Tribal Manicure, Using Moyou London Artist Collection Plate 09. Polishes used: Sinful Colors in 'Boom Boom' and 'Cream Soda'; Konad Special Polish in Black; and Sally Hansen 'Silver Sweep'.
Pink Tribal Mani

The polishes I used for this manicure were:
Sinful Colors 'Boom Boom' and 'Cream Soda'; Konad Special Polish in Black; and Sally Hansen 'Silver Sweep'.

I used the decal technique to place the stamp on the accent finger. I'm a little annoyed that the decal on my left hand is slightly off centre. The nail was slightly tacky when I laid down the decal, so it stuck to the nail right away. As a result, I didn't get a chance to reposition it. 

Pink Tribal Manicure, Using Moyou London Artist Collection Plate 09. Polishes used: Sinful Colors in 'Boom Boom' and 'Cream Soda'; Konad Special Polish in Black; and Sally Hansen 'Silver Sweep'.

It's funny, but the dots of peach on the completely fuchsia nails were a total afterthought - but I think they look so good! While I was colouring in my decal, I put a few too many drops of peach polish on the corner of the stamping plate that I was using as a palette. I'm not a big fan of waste, so I tried to figure out a way to use up the extra polish. That's when I got the idea of adding the dots.  I really like how it ties the whole manicure together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment