Thursday, September 18, 2014

Green on Green Mani

Today I have an impromptu manicure to share. I got bored of my previous mani, and decided to change my polish. However, I didn't want to continue with the Moyou London Artist collection challenge in the middle of the week, because those manicures tend to take a long time to do - and if I'm going to spend that kind of time doing my nails, I prefer to do it on a weekend! So I decided to do a basic stamping manicure (only 2 colours).  In my last post, I mentioned how much I loved the combination of colours I used on my pinky fingers, and that I'd love to do a whole manicure with that combo some day in the future.  Well, that day has arrived! Here is the finished mani:

Green on Green Nail Stamping Manicure using Essie 'Sew Psyched', and Maybelline Color Show 'Walk in the Park'. Stamped with Messy Mansion plate MM16, and Moyou London Artist Collection Plate 05.
Green on Green Mani

I used Moyou London's Fashionista Collection 10 for the hound's-tooth pattern on my thumbs and ring fingers.  I used Messy Mansion plate MM16 'William Morris and Friends' for my index and middle fingers, and I recycled my pinky from my last manicure where I used Moyou London Artist Collection 5. The polishes I used were Essie 'Sew Psyched', and Maybelline Color Show 'Walk in the Park'.

Green on Green Nail Stamping Manicure using Essie 'Sew Psyched', and Maybelline Color Show 'Walk in the Park'. Stamped with Messy Mansion plate MM16, and Moyou London Artist Collection Plate 05.
Green on Green Mani

This manicure is kind of a hodge-podge of different patterns. I was trying to use different designs that I thought would work well with the colour combo. I chose the Messy Mansion plate images because they have a very woodsy feel to them, so I thought they would look great with the deep forest green. I chose the hound's-tooth image, because I've been really drawn to that pattern lately, and I just couldn't wait any longer to try out this plate! It also was a contrasting image that I thought would stand out as an accent. 
Essie 'Sew Psyched', and Maybelline Color Show 'Walk in the Park'
Polishes Used
I really love how the stamping turned out on this manicure, but I think altogether, the look is a little busy. If I had to do it again, I would probably stamp all of my nails with the image on my middle finger. It's so ornate and beautiful. Unfortunately, I think it gets a little lost when put beside all the other patterns that are going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment