Saturday, September 20, 2014

Mickey Manicure

I decided to do a cute Mickey-themed manicure for the weekend.  I really wanted to change my previous mani, but I also wanted to save the next instalment of the Moyou Artist plate series for Sunday night, so that it is still fresh for Monday. So here's the finished manicure:

Mickey Nail Stamping Manicure. Polishes used: OPI 'You're So Vanilla', Konad Special Polish in both Black and White, Essie 'Jelly Apple', Rimmel 'Black Satin', and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in 'Silver Sweep'. Stamped using Moyou London Pro Collection plates 06 and 10, and Shany plates SH214, and SH219
Mickey Manicure

In order to achieve this look, I used the following polishes:
OPI 'You're So Vanilla', Konad Special Polish in both Black and White, Essie 'Jelly Apple', Rimmel 'Black Satin', and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in 'Silver Sweep'. 

For the stamping, I used plates 06 and 10 from the Moyou London Pro Collection, and Shany plates SH214, and SH219. I also used some 4mm metallic red heart-shaped nail art studs, that I purchased from Bundle Monster's website.

Mickey Nail Stamping Manicure. Polishes used: OPI 'You're So Vanilla', and Konad Special Polish in Black. Stamped using Moyou London Pro Collection plate 10. Also featuring a metallic red heart-shaped nail art stud.
Mickey Manicure - Thumb

I really love this look! It's so fun, and perfect for the weekend. The stamping is pretty basic, however I still struggle with trying to line up images that don't cover the entire nail, like the ones on my ring and middle fingers.  They aren't perfectly centred, but luckily it's not that noticeable. 

Also, it looks like my thumbnail has outgrown the full nail image I used. In retrospect, I could have switched the images on my ring finger and pinky, since the nail on my ring finger is a little shorter - however, I'm not really bothered by it. The heart shaped stud does a good job of taking the focus away from the extra space.

Anyways, I just wanted to do a quick post to show today's mani.  Stay tuned for my upcoming manicure based Moyou London Artist collection 09...

No comments:

Post a Comment