Sunday, August 25, 2019

Red, White, and Purple Mani featuring KB Shimmer 'Falling for Hue'

Today I have a quick and easy manicure I did using a crelly glitter polish and matching metallic polishes: 

Manicure with a white crelly polish with suspended red and purple glitters, and a red and a purple accent nail with red and purple nail art jewels. Polishes used: KB Shimmer 'Falling for Hue', ILNP 'Love me Not', and China Glaze 'Ah Ah Ah-Mazing!'

Polishes Used
ILNP ‘Love Me Not’
China Glaze ‘Ah Ah Ah-mazing!’
KB Shimmer ‘Falling for Hue’

The KB Shimmer white crelly glitter has suspended red and purple metalic glitters of various sizes, and is called 'Falling for Hue'. I decided to do two accent nails, one in a metallic red shade from ILNP which is similar to the red glitter in the crelly, called 'Love Me Not', and the other accent nail is in a metallic lavender polish called 'Ah Ah Ah-mazing!'.

'Ah Ah Ah-mazing!' is from the China Glaze summer 2019 Sesame Street: You Do Hue collection, and I recently purchased it on clearance at one of my favourite beauty supply stores. Since it coordinated with the glitters in the crelly, I decided to try it out for the first time in this manicure. The soft metallic lavender shade is very beautiful, but the formula is a little tricky to work with. If you are not careful, it's really easy to to get noticeable brushstrokes.

Polishes used for Red White and Purple Mani: KB Shimmer 'Falling for Hue', ILNP 'Love me Not', and China Glaze 'Ah Ah Ah-Mazing!'

I finished the look off by placing some red and purple nail art jewels on the the accent nails: a red jewel on the purple nail, and vice versa. This was a really quick and easy manicure to complete, and I'm happy with how it turned out. I'm also happy that I got a chance to use an untried polish, as well as some of my indie polishes. A lot of indie polishes are like nail art in a bottle, so it's often rather difficult to use them in nail art looks with various eye-catching techniques like nail stamping, water-marbling, and dotting, without the manicure looking really 'busy'.  I really like how this look enhances the beauty of the gorgeous crelly, by playing up the beautiful colours in the polish with solid accent nails.

Below, I have a photo collage showing some additional shots of the manicure:

Photo collage featuring additional shots of Manicure with a white crelly polish with suspended red and purple glitters, and a red and a purple accent nail with red and purple nail art jewels. Polishes used: KB Shimmer 'Falling for Hue', ILNP 'Love me Not', and China Glaze 'Ah Ah Ah-Mazing!'

No comments:

Post a Comment