Thursday, August 22, 2019

Metallic Red and Silver Stamped Mani

Today I have a simple nail stamping manicure to share using metallic red and silver polishes, and embellished with some nail art jewels:

Nail stamping nail art manicure featuring red metallic polish OPI's ‘A Little Guilt Under the Kilt’ from the Fall 2019 Scotland collection, and silver metallic polish Sally Hansen ‘Silver Sweep' (original formula). Nail stamping images were from ÜberChic Beauty's ÜberMini 'Texture-licious' plate 3

Polishes Used
Stamping Plate Used
OPI ‘A Little Guilt Under the Kilt’
Über Mini: Texture-licious – Plate 3
Sally Hansen ‘Silver Sweep’*
                 
*Original formula                 

I created this manicure by starting off with a base of metallic red nail polish, OPI's 'A Little Guilt Under the Kilt'. Next, I stamped 2 separate textural images from ÜberChic Beauty's ÜberMini 'Texture-licious' plate 3 on both my ring and middle fingers. I used a metallic silver polish for the stamping, my quickly depleting bottle of original formula Sally Hansen's 'Silver Sweep'. I completed the look by placing 2 colourless nail art jewels each, on my pinky and index fingers.

OPI ‘A Little Guilt Under the Kilt’ from the Fall 2019 Scotland collection, and Sally Hansen ‘Silver Sweep' (original formula)

I did this manicure during the middle of the work week, so I didn't really have a lot of time for planning and execution. Typically in these situations, I would do a traditional manicure using just one shade of polish on all of my nails. However, I've been trying to get back into the habit of doing nail art regularly, so I decided to go a step further and do some basic nail stamping and add some embellishments. I'm really pleased with how the look turned out, and it has served as a reminder for me that a manicure does not have to be complicated or time-consuming to be beautiful. In fact, sometimes simpler is better, since I don't end up going over-board and doing way too much! 😄

Below, I've included a few additional pictures of the manicure:

Nail stamping nail art manicure featuring red metallic polish OPI's ‘A Little Guilt Under the Kilt’ from the Fall 2019 Scotland collection, and silver metallic polish Sally Hansen ‘Silver Sweep' (original formula). Nail stamping images were from ÜberChic Beauty's ÜberMini 'Texture-licious' plate 3

No comments:

Post a Comment