Wednesday, August 21, 2019

'A Little Guilt Under the Kilt' - OPI Scotland Collection for Fall 2019

OPI Scotland Collection, Fall 2019 - 'A Little Guilt Under the Kilt'. A deep metallic red nail polish.

Today I have a swatch of a new polish I recently purchased. It's from OPI's 'Scotland' collection for fall 2019. The shade is called 'A Little Guilt Under the Kilt' and it is a gorgeous metallic red with slightly warm, rusty undertones. This shade was the standout for me from this fall's OPI collection, mainly because lately I've developed a penchant for red polishes, and metallic red is my favourite way to wear red nails. It's also a truly stunning shade of blood red, that is perfect for fall!

This polish has a wonderful formula. It was easy to apply, self-leveling, and dried reasonably fast. It also applied smoothly, with no brush-strokes. However, I noticed that similar to many other metallic polishes, since the formula does apply so smoothly, it does not cover the the slight ridges and imperfections in my nail as much as a creme polish would. This is pretty insignificant in most real life situations, but becomes just barely noticeable when viewing your nails in close-up photos! It's also pretty easy to fix by remembering to lightly buff my nails before applying metallic polishes. Truthfully though, I'm generally not really concerned about it, so I usually don't take the time to buff before applying metallics.

Below, I've included a comparison photo in which I've selected 12 metallic red polishes from my collection (including 'A Little Guilt Under the Kilt') and placed swatches of them in a line-up (you should be able to click on the photo to enlarge it). I don't have any exact matches for 'A Little Guilt Under the Kilt' in my collection, as it is a lot lighter than most of my warm metallic reds, but putting these subtle variations in undertones aside, as you can see, I do have some polishes that are somewhat similar in hue.

OPI 'A Little Guilt Under the Kilt' - Scotland Collection, Fall 2019 - Comparison with other deep metallic red polishes: 1) China Glaze - Mommy Kissing Santa, 2) OPI - I'm Not Really a Waitress, 3) Zoya - Isla, 4) China Glaze - Long Kiss, 5) Cover Girl - Forever Festive, 6) Orly – Torrid, 7) A England - Perceval, 8) OPI - An Affair in Red Square, 9) OPI - A Little Guilt Under the Kilt, 10) China Glaze  - Cranberry Splash, 11) China Glaze  - Just Be-Claws, 12) Sinful Colors - Sugar Sugar

The names of the polishes in the comparison line-up photo above are:

1) China Glaze - Mommy Kissing Santa
2) OPI - I'm Not Really a Waitress
3) Zoya - Isla
4) China Glaze - Long Kiss
5) Cover Girl - Forever Festive
6) Orly – Torrid
7) A England - Perceval
8) OPI - An Affair in Red Square
9) OPI - A Little Guilt Under the Kilt
10) China Glaze  - Cranberry Splash
11) China Glaze  - Just Be-Claws
12) Sinful Colors - Sugar Sugar

All in all, I really love this nail polish, and I'm happy to have it in my collection!

2 comments:

  1. I love your nails! I love that color on you, and what an impressive collection of red nail polishes!

    ReplyDelete