Sunday, August 18, 2019

'Panning for Gold' Stamped Glitter and Pond Manicure

Manicure featuring jelly polish 'pond' elements, teal glitter, and gold nail stamping. Polishes used: Essie Silk Watercolor ‘Pen & Inky’, Essie Glazed Days ‘Ooh La Lolly’, China Glaze ‘Water You Waiting For’, and Sally Hansen Color Foil – 'Liquid Gold'.  Stamping plates used:  ÜberChic Beauty – Moroccan Delight, and Über Mini: Texture-licious – Plate 2

Today's manicure is a water-themed look centred around the idea of panning for gold. I wanted to do a pond manicure using the Essie jelly polish collections that I've been playing around with for the last few posts, the 'Silk Watercolor' collection from 2015, and the new 'Glazed Days' collection released earlier this year.  

Polishes Used
Stamping Plates Used
Essie Silk Watercolor ‘Pen & Inky’
ÜberChic Beauty – Moroccan Delight
Essie Glazed Days ‘Ooh La Lolly’
Über Mini: Texture-licious – Plate 2
China Glaze ‘Water You Waiting For’

Sally Hansen Color Foil – 'Liquid Gold'


Teal, blue and gold glitter and 'Pond' stamped manicure featuring Essie Silk Watercolor ‘Pen & Inky’, Essie Glazed Days ‘Ooh La Lolly’, China Glaze ‘Water You Waiting For’, and Sally Hansen Color Foil – 'Liquid Gold'

However, I wanted to do something a little different for the pond manicure, so I came up with the idea of irregular gold flakes visible through the layers of blue and teal jelly polish, as if they were small pieces of gold at the bottom of a river bed, being brought to the surface while panning for gold.  I used this concept for my index and middle fingers, using Essie jelly polishes 'Pen & Inky', and 'Ooh La Lolly', and then painted my other nails using 'Water You Waiting For', a gorgeous teal glitter from the China Glaze Cirque du Soleil 'Worlds Away' collection from Winter 2012. This polish was included in my 'Project Polish' list of polishes that I'm trying to use up soon(ish 😉). 

I finished the manicure by stamping a gold arabesque pattern over my ring finger as an accent, and then topping everything off with a quick dry, glossy top coat. The arabesque pattern was from the ÜberChic Beauty - 'Moroccan Delight' plate, while the gold flakes in the 'Pond' portion of the manicure were stamped from ÜberChic Beauty's Über Mini 'Texture-licious' plate 2. Below I have a collage featuring a few additional shots of the manicure.

Manicure featuring jelly polish 'pond' elements, teal glitter, and gold nail stamping. Polishes used: Essie Silk Watercolor ‘Pen & Inky’, Essie Glazed Days ‘Ooh La Lolly’, China Glaze ‘Water You Waiting For’, and Sally Hansen Color Foil – 'Liquid Gold'.  Stamping plates used:  ÜberChic Beauty – Moroccan Delight, and Über Mini: Texture-licious – Plate 2

I really like how this manicure turned out! It actually kind of reminds me of the 'Teal and Gold Crackle Sandwich' manicure I did years ago on this blog as part of my '2015 Crackle Polish Challenge'. 

I really love how the featured 'pond' portion of the mani turned out, but interestingly, this manicure has really revived my appreciation for the China Glaze glitter 'Water You Waiting For'. I've always loved the stunning, deep teal shade, but wearing it now, I see how well it works with my skin tone, and just how genuinely sparkly and beautiful it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment