Saturday, February 21, 2015

Crackle Polish Challenge #14 - Crackle Combo Mani

2015 Crackle Polish Challenge Manicure #14

Featured crackle application:
Combining two colours of crackle polish for a cool abstract art effect

Featured crackle polish:
OPI 'Navy Shatter'

Manicure using 2 shades of shatter nail polish, red and navy) over a sparkly silver base. This is then stamped with a silver negative space circle pattern.
Left: Crackle Combo Mani
Right: Jazzed-up Version 
Polishes Used:
OPI 'Navy Shatter'
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear 'Celeb City'
Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat 'Cherry Smash'
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri 'Silver Sweep'

OPI 'Navy Shatter', Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear 'Celeb City', Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat 'Cherry Smash' and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri 'Silver Sweep'
Polishes Used
Plate Used:
Lily Anna 06

I really don't know what to say about this manicure! I guess I'm kind of indifferent to the final look. It's a fun looking manicure, but it's not my usual style - I usually prefer brighter and/or lighter colours. I think if I were redesigning it now, I'd probably go with a light blue base, and maybe less coverage of the shatter polishes so more light blue shows through. Then I would probably try stamping the same negative space circle pattern in white instead of silver. As much as I would like to avoid doing a 'Do-Over' mani during a challenge (I've been wearing crackle polish manicures exclusively for over a month now, and still have 7 more to go!) - I'm really tempted to do just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment