Sunday, February 22, 2015

Crackle Combo Mani #2

So I gave in to temptation and re-did the Crackle Combo Mani from my last post! Here's the Do-Over:

Nail stamping manicure featuring a light blue base covered with red and blue strokes of crackle polish, and then topped with a white negative space circle pattern stamping image
Crackle Combo Mani #2
Polishes Used:
Essie 'Mint Candy Apple'
Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat 'Cherry Smash'
OPI 'Navy Shatter'
Konad Special Polish in White

Essie 'Mint Candy Apple', Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat 'Cherry Smash', OPI 'Navy Shatter', and Konad Special Polish in White
Polishes Used
I like the overall look of this mani much better, due to the lighter colours. However, I noticed that the stamping image doesn't stand out as much on this one as it did in the last version. If you look closely at the pinky, you may be able to see a bit of Sally Hansen 'Silver Sweep' nail polish outlining a portion of some of the circles. I tried stamping the image using silver polish on that nail, to see if the pattern would stand out more. It didn't make much difference, so I just stamped over it again with white so that the nails would be consistent.

I did a side-by-side before and after collage to show the differences between the manicures.


Stay tuned for my next post, where I will continue with the rest of the 2015 Crackle Polish Challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment