Saturday, November 8, 2014

Muted Movember Mani

Today's mani was inspired by the start of 'Movember' - a public awareness and fundraising campaign where men across the globe grow moustaches during the month of November in support of Men's Health issues.

Muted Movember Nail Stamping Manicure using China Glaze 'Five Rules' and 'New Birth'
Muted Movember Mani

Polishes Used:
China Glaze 'The Giver' Collection: 'New Birth', and 'Five Rules'
DRK stamping polish in 'Metallic Brown'

I chose to make the background stamping very subtle for this manicure. I used muted colours, with very little contrast between them. This allows the moustache accent to really stand out.

Stamping Plates Used:
Moyou London Pro XL Collection 01
Moyou London Pro XL Collection 18
Winstonia Plate W109

Nail Stamped with China Glaze 'Five Rules' and 'New Birth'
China Glaze 'New Birth' (left) and 'Five Rules' (right)

Overall, I like how the manicure turned out, but it's a little too tame compared to my usual tastes. I ended up revising the mani the next day to add a bit more colour. Stay tuned for the revised version of this mani, during my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment