Saturday, November 22, 2014

Bronze/Green Duochrome Manicure with Black Geometric Print

Today I have an impromptu mani to share:

nail stamping manicure using OPI 'Just Spotted the Lizard' a bronze and green duochrome nail polish as the base colour, and stamped with a diamond and line print in black
Bronze/Green Duochrome Manicure
with Black Geometric Print

The nail polish I used for the base colour is ‘Just Spotted the Lizard’ by OPI.  I bought this a couple of years ago, but never got around to trying it. It was from 'The Amazing Spider-Man' collection that OPI came out with for summer 2012. The bronze/green duochrome is a gorgeous colour, and it is very mesmerizing to look at both in the bottle, and on the nails - I almost felt bad stamping a design over it!

There really was no rhyme or reason for the stamping pattern selection – I pretty much just chose a random pattern I liked on an untried plate – Cici & Sisi plate 04. I stamped the image with Konad special polish in black. 

OPI 'Just Spotted the Lizard' and Konad Special Polish in Black
Polishes Used
After seeing how beautiful '...Lizard' is, I'm inspired to try a couple of looks that will allow the polish to really shine. Perhaps a snakeskin, or something with very subtle stamping. This is one of the main reasons why I love making the effort to use things in my collection that I haven't used before - I'm always rewarded with new ideas on ways to put things together. It's so easy to keep using your favourites, or the old standby's, but sometimes it really pays off to fight the urge to stick with the familiar, and try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment