Sunday, November 30, 2014

Cream Knit Mani

Today I have a quick and easy nail stamping manicure to share with you.


Nail Stamping manicure featuring Stockinette Stitch Knitting Pattern print and ring finger accent nail with nordic snowflake knit sweater print
Cream Knit Mani

To achieve this look, I used Vivid Lacquer plate VL004 for the stockinette stitch pattern on all of my fingers except my ring finger.  For the ring finger, I used Winstonia plate W120 for the Nordic fair isle star pattern.

When I first saw this Vivid Lacquer plate I knew I had to have it. I love knitting and I love nail stamping - so this plate was perfect for me!  I bought it in the summer, so I never really had the urge to try it out until now that we're in sweater season.

Essie 'Urban Jungle', and China Glaze 'Release'
Polishes Used
The nail polishes I used for this look were Essie's 'Urban Jungle', which served as the base colour, and for the stamping polish I used China Glaze's 'Release' from the limited edition 'The Giver' Collection. I chose these polishes because I wanted to use two colours that would give a realistic shadow effect when paired together.

I can't get over just how realistic the Vivid Lacquer knitting pattern looks on the nail! In real life, looking at this manicure from a couple feet away gives a bit of a trompe l'oeil effect. It almost looks like a thin, tiny swatch of knitted fabric has been placed on my nails!  Of course the effect would be a little more realistic with a matte topcoat, but for this manicure I chose this image more for the pattern, and not so much for the effect.  Now that I see how realistic it can look, perhaps I'll try it again with different colours and a matte top coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment