Friday, September 6, 2019

Glitter Mani Featuring 'Party of Five Glitters'

Glitter Manicure featuring a black base of OPI's 'Never Have Too Mani Friends', and glitter topper Wet n Wild Fastdry 'Party of Five Glitters'

Polishes Used
Wet n Wild Fastdry ‘Party of Five Glitters’
OPI ‘Never Have Too Mani Friends!’

Today I have a quick and easy glitter manicure to share featuring a Wet n Wild glitter called 'Party of Five Glitters'. I've had this glitter for several years now, and recently decided to try it out again. Honestly, I've been thinking of decluttering it, and wanted to see how it looked on my nails to help me decide.  I decided to wear it over a black polish since it really helped the glitter mix to stand out.

There are 5 different colours of glitter in this polish: red, green, purple, light blue, and silver. I remember this collection contained polishes with names inspired by various TV shows. So this polish was named after 'Party of Five', a prime-time drama series from the nineties. I used another polish from this collection 'Saved by the Blue' (Inspired by the teen comedy show 'Saved by the Bell'), in my 'Australian Aboriginal Art Themed Mani', which I blogged about here.

Sadly, I'm not a really big fan of 'Party of Five Glitters' anymore. I rarely get that excited about glitter polishes in general, nowadays, but this one in particular is really not my cup of tea right now. This is mainly because I don't particularly care for  the mix of colours. 

Funnily enough, I remember being really excited about the polish back when I bought it, as multi-coloured 'glitter bomb' polishes like Deborah Lippmann's 'Happy Birthday', and OPI's 'Rainbow Connection' were all the rage at the time. At the time, this seemed like an affordable, comparable version of that look.  You can even see that there is quite a low fill line - the bottle is about one quarter empty! This really goes to show how one's tastes can change a lot over the years...  

I think I may try one more look with the polish, before making any decisions: I want to try the polish on it's own, with as many coats as it takes to get full coverage.  Perhaps it might look nicer as a solid block of multi-coloured glitter, as opposed to being used as a glitter topper.

Wet n Wild Fastdry 'Party of Five Glitters', and OPI 'Never Have Too Mani Friends!'

No comments:

Post a Comment