Monday, December 3, 2018

Christmas Glitter Mani

Today's manicure represents one of the few times that I've recreated a manicure in the last few years. I've actually been planning to recreate this mani for almost one year now. I'll get in to that later, but first, here is the picture:

Glitter mani in traditional Christmas colours using Sally Hansen CSM 'Strawberry Shields', China Glaze 'Pine-ing For Glitter', Orly 'Halo', Orly 'Luxe', China Glaze 'This is Tree-mendous', and Maybelline 'Red Comet'


Polishes Used
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure 'Strawberry Shields'
China Glaze 'Pine-ing For Glitter'
Orly 'Halo'
Orly 'Luxe'
China Glaze 'This is Tree-mendous'
Maybelline Express Finish 'Red Comet'


I wore this look to my office holiday gathering last year, and received lots of compliments. At the time, I wasn't updating my blog and as a result, I didn't have all of my equipment ready to even take a picture that could be used for the blog at a later time. I hoped to get everything set up again so that I could post the mani, but of course, during the busy holiday season I didn't get a chance to do that. 

So, I decided that I would try to recreate the mani at a later time and post it then. Originally I was hoping for right after Christmas, but then I was busy with all of the Boxing Week sales. By the time things settled down, it was too late to do a Christmas manicure that season! I decided to put the polishes aside, and wait until next Christmas to recreate and post the mani. So finally, after a year of anticipation - I've completed my mission! LOL!  

Sally Hansen CSM 'Strawberry Shields', China Glaze 'Pine-ing For Glitter', Orly 'Halo', Orly 'Luxe', China Glaze 'This is Tree-mendous', Maybelline 'Red Comet'

Even though it is essentially a basic glitter mani, I really like how it turned out. It's fun and funky because of the colourful glitters, yet there's a classic charm to it as well due to the traditional Christmas colours.

As for the technical aspects of the mani, I used 3 coats of the dark green glitter 'Pine-ing For Glitter' on my pointer finger, one coat of orly 'Luxe' as a base and one coat of Orly 'Halo' on my middle finger, two coats of Maybelline 'Red Comet' as a base, and once coat of Sally Hansen -Strawberry Shields' on my thumb and ring fingers, and two coats of China Glaze 'This is Tree-mendous' on my pinky.  I used a peel off base coat to aid with removal, and a glossy quick-dry top coat on top to smooth and shine the glitters.

Photos of Christmas Glitter Manicure using traditional Christmas colors

Now that I've completed the mani, I can finally put the polishes away... but now that I've blogged about this and have the details here, I'm inspired to maybe try to make this my Christmas tradition mani going forward!  We'll see how that works out, and how long the polishes last, but that definitely sounds like a fun tradition to start, especially after the quirky story of why I've worn the same manicure two Christmas seasons in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment