Thursday, August 13, 2015

Pink Floral Pond Mani

For today's manicure, I decided to try out a 'Pond' manicure for the first time. This style of manicure involves sandwiching designs between layers of tinted jelly polish, to create a submerged item effect.
I decided to do a monochromatic look, so I used a medium pink jelly polish for the base, and then used a repeating four-petalled flower design, made using a dotting tool and two shades of pink polish.

Manicure featuring pink jelly nail polish with dotted pink flowers sandwiched between the layers. The ring finger has a silver base covered with dotted pink flowers. Dotted flowers are light pink with dark pink centres.

I really like how this look turned out - it is super-girly, fun, and vibrant! I also really like the polishes I chose. I used 3 Essie polishes that were newly released for summer 2015. The two crème polishes, 'Coacha'Bella' and 'Groove is in the Heart', were from Essie's Summer Neons collection, while the jelly polish, 'Blush Stroke', is from Essie's Silk Watercolor collection. The other polish I used was one of my silver standby's: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear 'Celeb City'. I really love how sparkly, and reflective this polish is. I use it quite frequently as a silver base polish underneath my nail art.

Essie ‘Blush Stroke’, Essie ‘Coacha’Bella’, Essie ‘Groove is in the Heart’, and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear 'Celeb City'

Polishes Used
Essie ‘Blush Stroke’
Essie ‘Coacha’Bella’
Essie ‘Groove is in the Heart’
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear ‘Celeb City’

This look has really inspired me to try out more pond manicures. There were a couple really notable jelly polish collections released this summer: OPI's 'Color Paints' collection, and Essie's 'Silk Watercolor' collection. Since I purchased both collections, I have a lot of options for creating some lovely pond manicures, and I can't wait to try them out!

Here are some more shots of the completed manicure.

Extra Shots of the completed manicure

No comments:

Post a Comment