Monday, July 14, 2014

Sally Hansen Color Foils

Sally Hansen Color Foils (Complete Collection): Pink Platinum, Titanium Flush, Rose Copper, Minted Metal, Cobalt Chrome, Purple Alloy, Leaden Lilac, Liquid Gold, Yellow Gold, and Sterling Silver
Sally Hansen Color Foils (Complete Collection)

A few weeks ago, I ran around in a mad frenzy trying to purchase sufficient quantities of the limited edition Sally Hansen Color Foil Nail Makeup collection. A local drugstore chain had all Sally Hansen products on sale, so I purchased the entire collection on the first day of the promotion. As the week went by I convinced myself that I needed backup bottles of my 3 favorite colors from the collection (Liquid Gold, Yellow Gold, and Sterling Silver) - and that's when all of the running around began.

The majority of the drugstores I visited only had a display of 20 polishes - 2 bottles of each of the 10 shades in the collection. I'm pretty lucky that the collection was fairly new and just coming to the shelves in all of the stores, because in most cases nothing was sold out.  I was the first person to buy any of them in the first store I visited, and the display itself looked relatively untouched (no annoying test strokes all over the cardboard). 

Most of my enthusiasm for these polishes is because they work well for nail stamping. For most of the colors (6 to be exact), although I think they are beautiful, I don't really like the way the polish looks on my nails.  I don't see myself ever doing a full manicure with anything other than Rose Copper, Liquid Gold, Yellow Gold, and Sterling Silver.  However I can definitely see myself getting a lot of use out of all of these polishes as stamped accents over other polishes, and maybe an accent nail here and there. Here are all of the colors swatched:

Sally Hansen Color Foil Swatches: Pink Platinum, Titanium Flush, Rose Copper, Minted Metal, Cobalt Chrome, Purple Alloy, Leaden Lilac, Liquid Gold, Yellow Gold, and Sterling Silver
Sally Hansen Color Foil Swatches
 
From left to right we have Pink Platinum, Titanium Flush, Rose Copper, Minted Metal, Cobalt Chrome, Purple Alloy, Leaden Lilac, Liquid Gold, Yellow Gold, and Sterling Silver.

Here are some stamped mani looks that I came up with so far:
Sally Hansen Color Foil Nail Stamping Demo Manicure using OPI polishes 'Don't Touch My Tutu' and 'Pirouette My Whistle', stamped with a 'Leaden Lilac' accent decal
OPI polishes Don't Touch My Tutu and Pirouette My Whistle, stamped with a Leaden Lilac accent decal

Sally Hansen Color Foil Nail Stamping Demo Manicure using OPI 'Chic from Ears to Tail' stamped with 'Liquid Gold', and Finger Paints 'Go Baroque' on accent nail
OPI Chic from Ears to Tail stamped with Liquid Gold, and Finger Paints Go Baroque on accent nail

Sally Hansen Color Foil Nail Stamping Demo Manicure using OPI 'Shocking Pink' stamped with 'Sterling Silver', and a 'Sterling Silver' accent nail
OPI Shocking Pink stamped with Sterling Silver, and a Sterling Silver accent nail
Prior to the mad dash to get these metallic polishes, I was obsessed with neon nail polishes. I wanted to try to incorporate the two looks together, so that's where I came up with the neon pink and silver mani pictured above.  The image I used for the pattern was from Cheeky Jumbo plate A.
The light pink and gold mani was stamped with Moyou London's Artist plate 03, and the star decal on the otherwise demure white and silver sparkle mani is from BM-005.

As a whole, I really love this collection. The polishes stamp so well, and I'm ecstatic that I finally have a wide range of metallic-finish coloured polishes to create stamped manis with. I only started nail stamping in late 2013, so I missed out on the China Glaze Romantique collection (2009), and the Kiko Mirror collection (spring 2013).  It's been frustrating checking out other blogs, and seeing all of the stamping possibilities that coloured metallic polishes can provide, but not being able to get my hands on these popular, sold out, limited edition collections.  You can see now why I was so eager to snap up these Sally Hansen beauties as soon as the opportunity presented itself!

Also, I can certainly say that without a doubt, the 2 gold shades in the collection are now my favorite golds for stamping. The silver is amazing too, but there have always been a lot of great silver stamping polishes on the market.  All in all I'm really satisfied with this purchase!

1 comment:


  1. When things get rough just stay calm and ask assistance from God and he'll give you peace. Visit my site for more information.

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete