Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Church Themed Mani - Using Moyou London Artist Plate 12

This mani is a continuation of the Moyou London Artist Collection Design Series that I started a few weeks ago.  Today's challenge was to design a manicure around Artist Plate 12. Here's what I came up with:
Church Themed Nail Stamping Manicure, Using Moyou London Artist Collection Plate 12. Polishes used: China Glaze 'White on White', Sally Hansen Color Foil 'Liquid Gold', Rimmel 'Black Satin', Konad Special Polish in Black, and OPI 'A-Piers to be Tan'. Also Stamped using Cheeky Jumbo Plate 8 'Princess Charming', Moyou London Biker Collection Plate 02, and Moyou London Hipster Collection Plate 08.
Church Themed Mani - Left

Church Themed Nail Stamping Manicure, Using Moyou London Artist Collection Plate 12. Polishes used: China Glaze 'White on White', Sally Hansen Color Foil 'Liquid Gold', Rimmel 'Black Satin', Konad Special Polish in Black, and OPI 'A-Piers to be Tan'. Also Stamped using Cheeky Jumbo Plate 8 'Princess Charming', Moyou London Biker Collection Plate 02, and Moyou London Hipster Collection Plate 08.
Church Themed Mani - Right

Polishes used:
China Glaze 'White on White'
Sally Hansen Color Foil in 'Liquid Gold'
Rimmel 'Black Satin'
Konad Special Polish in Black
OPI 'A-Piers to be Tan'

Plates used:
Cheeky Jumbo Plate 8 'Princess Charming' (background image on thumbs)
Moyou London Artist Collection 12 (images on ring fingers and middle fingers)
Moyou London Biker Collection 02 (large cross on thumbs)
Moyou London Hipster Collection 08 (full nail images on index and pinky fingers)

I also used a couple small red heart decals on my middle fingers.

Church Themed Nail Stamping Manicure - Right Thumb. Polishes Used: China Glaze 'White on White', Sally Hansen Color Foil 'Liquid Gold', and Konad Special Polish in Black. Stamped using Cheeky Jumbo Plate 8 'Princess Charming', and Moyou London Biker Collection Plate 02.
Church Themed Mani - Right Thumb
I really like how this mani turned out. I'm getting a little better at centering my stamped images. Instead of rolling the stamper from right to left over my nail (as I used to do), I recently started applying decal type images by angling the stamper at the bottom of the nail, lining up the image, and then folding the nail down onto the stamper. 

Although this method has made it easier for me to center images horizontally, now I'm having a bit of trouble centering images vertically! You can see an example of this with the cross on my left thumb. Although the image is centered between the left and right sides of my thumbnail, it is a bit to far down to be centered between the top of the nail and my cuticle.  

My right thumb, however, came out centered in both directions. I've included a separate picture of it above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment